The goal of full mouth reconstruction is to restore the health, structure, function, and appearance of your teeth and gums. With a tailored combination of general, restorative, and cosmetic dental procedures, our experienced dental team can address oral disease, decay, damage, and missing teeth. This can be done in one appointment or over the course of several appointments. Among the dental concerns that can be resolved with full mouth reconstruction are:
- Cavities (from minor to severe)
- Misaligned teeth
- Tooth decay or infection
- Gum disease
- Teeth that are broken, chipped, worn, or cracked
- Injuries caused by trauma
In most cases, full-mouth reconstruction is necessary to address adverse dental issues, such as loss, damage, or disease.
Depending on the condition of your mouth and the extent of the treatment needed, Dr. Ciardiello may recommend one or more restorative treatments, such as:
- Tooth extraction: In some cases, teeth will need to be extracted during reconstruction.
- Root canal: In order to save a tooth, a root canal may be necessary.
- A bridge, crown, or veneer: We may recommend a bridge, crown, or veneer as a means of restoring your smile and your bite. The benefits of these include strengthening teeth, filling in gaps caused by missing teeth; and improving the appearance of your smile.
- Dental implants: A dental implant is the most effective method of replacing a missing tooth. Implants are made of titanium and are placed in the jawbone. A prosthetic tooth is then attached to the top of the implant.
- Dentures: Full or partial dentures may also be an option, depending on the density of the patient’s jawbone.
The length of time for full-mouth reconstruction will vary from patient to patient, but will generally require multiple visits. It may seem drastic, but oral health is integral to overall health. With full mouth reconstruction, you will be able to speak, eat, and smile confidently while having a natural-looking smile.
Please contact Limitless Dental for more information about full mouth reconstruction or to schedule a consultation.